Here are some good quotes….
St. Augustine: “I toss upon the waves; but Thou dost steer – Thou Who standeth at the helm of all things Thou hast made.”
Johann Bach: The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. If heed is not paid to this, it is not true music but a diabolical bawling and twanging.
From Ben Franklin’s list of 13 virtues for lifetime goals (no 13 is not an unlucky #, :P) :
1. Temprence: drink not to elevation
2. Silence: avoid trifling conversation
3. Order: Let all you things have places
4. Resolution: Perform without fail what you resolve.
5. Frugality: waste nothing
6. Industry: lose no time; be always employ’d
7. Sincerity: use no hurtful deceit; think innocently
8. Justice: Wrong none by doing injuries
9. Moderation: avoid extreme’s, forbear resenting
10. Cleanliness: tolerate no uncleanlieness in body
11. Tranquility: Be not disturbed at trifles
13. Humility: imitate Jesus…