1. Prayer is not just an invitation, but a command.
2. Not every “impression” and “feeling” and “interrupted thought” during prayer is God speaking to you.
3. Reading books on prayer is great, but they won’t help much if you don’t actually pray.
4. There’s no such thing as an “unanswered prayer.” God answers every prayer with yes, no, or later.
5. Private prayer is not enough. Attend your church’s prayer meeting, prayer with people in your small group, etc.
6. Public prayer is not enough. Pray in private.
7. To start prayer with praise is commendable, but not a pre-requisite. Sometimes, life is too hard, and you can start with tears or screams or whatever is on your heart.
8. Listen to trusted Christian friends when they pray and learn from them.
9. Prayer while driving is helpful, but can be a distraction. Set up a place and time for intimacy.
10. Don’t pray, “Lord, please bless this food as nourishment to my body” if you’re eating pizza and french fries for dinner.
11. Never become so holy that you outgrow your need to pray the Lord’s Prayer.
12. Pray for wisdom – about everything (James 1:5). This will change your life.
13. When people ask you to pray for them, pray for them right then and there, on the spot, if you can.
Find the rest here.