About this list of the 100 Top Christian Blogs
To make this list of top Christian blogs, I gathered and inspected about 500 Christian blogs and ranked them using a variety of factors. Some of the blogs I inspected are listed below the list of the 100 Top Christians blogs.
I will update this list occasionally, so if you want your blog to be considered for future ranking, and your blog is not listed below the list of 100 Top Christian blogs, please include a link to your blog in the comment section. Thanks!
Oh, and do I need to say it?
I guess so…. sigh…
Disclaimer: I do not necessarily endorse all the views or perspectives of the bloggers on this list. The list contains many Christian bloggers who write from theological perspectives with which I have some disagreement.
Like who? (Let’s see who I can offend…) Calvinists, Charismatics, Conservative Baptists, and Catholics, just to name a few. Remember, I, Jeremy Myers, am the ONLY correct blogger in the world. (I’m KIDDING!)
Anyway, if someone is on the list of Top Christian blogs and you think they are a heretic, don’t burn me for it! Go be a troll on their site… (I’m kidding again!)
How I Created the List of 100 Top Christian Blogs
Below is an explanation of how I went about ranking these 100 Top Christian Blogs.
First, I gathered the list of Christian blogs using these sites:
- Invesp Top Christian Blogs List
- Kent Shaffer’s Top Christian Blogs
- Jared Moore’s List of Christian Blogs
- Top Christian Blogs ranked by Twitter Followers
- Top Christian Blogs ranked by Facebook Likes
Second, I removed all “Community Blogs” which had multiple authors. This caused all blogs from Patheos, the Gospel Coalition, and other similar blogs to be dropped from the list. The reason I did this twofold. Many of these community blogs are not accurately ranked by Alexa and SimilarWeb, which are two of the ranking factors I used (see below). But more than this, I wanted this list to honor the individual blogger who started his or her blog from scratch, and has labored away at it for years, slowly building an audience and faithfully writing quality posts which get read and shared. Those huge mega community blogs often overshadow the quality writing and hard work of individual bloggers. So if a blogger was writing on a community blog, I kept them off my list.
Finally, once I had my list of individual bloggers, I ranked them using a variety of factors. These factors include:
- Traffic Rank on Alexa
- Traffic Rank on SimilarWeb
- Back link Count (shows people are linking to your content)
- Pages Indexed by Google (shows that the blogger is writing a lot)
- A variety of other traffic and social signals
The ranking number in the list below is a compilation of these ranking signals. The lower the number, the better the blog ranks.
How to get on this list of Top Christian Blogs
If you are not on this list and you want to work toward getting on it, or if you are on it and want to know what you can do to rise in the ranks of these top Christian blogs, here are six recommendations:
- Hone your blogging skills by watching my free Blogging Tutorial Videos
- Add the Alexa Traffic Rank Extension to your preferred web browser.
- Read and leave comments on popular blogs (like this one!). By reading blogs you learn how to write a blog, and commenting is a great way to gain readers for your own blog.
- Get a Premium WordPress blog theme that is mobile responsive. Most blog readers are reading on mobile devices these days. I only use StudioPress themes.
- Get a WordPress plugin like Social Network Auto Poster to help your posts get listed on social sites like Twitter, Facebook, and others.
- Write, write, write, and write some more!
Get the blog list here.