I won this unfinished 1930’s fabric small quilt top at the PAQA quilt show in April. I was thrilled with the pattern, Grandmother’s Garden, it’s one of my favorites. There was a hole in it and it is stained in a couple places but I didn’t care. I cut it down slightly to go on my one wall and used the cut off parts to patch the hole. I then sandwiched it and hand quilted it over the last month. Here is the final piece. I also made coaster with the scraps.
Below are the before pictures:
I replaces a pink hexagon with a different fabric but it blends in nicely, I think.
I loved it so much I immediately put it on the wall. You can see the hole here in the pink flower.
This picture is kind of scary for me. It took a lot for me to cut it up and square it. If I’d had more time it would have been nice to finish it as is.
Last pictures is of the sandwiching process and being ready to quilt. I didn’t frame it or anything. I just pinned it and quilted it in my lap.